ADDING LINKS TO DOCUMENTS
You can upload documents to your WordPress.com blog using the Add Media icon of your editor. Currently, you are permitted to upload the following file types to your WordPress.com pages:
- .pdf (Portable Document Format; Adobe Acrobat)
- .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word Document)
- .key (Apple Keynote Presentation)
- .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation)
- .odt (OpenDocument Text Document)
- .xls, .xlsx (Microsoft Excel Document)
The following process describes uploading a document from your computer to your site’s Media Library and inserting a download link into a page.
- Open the page you'd like to add the PDF links.
- Click on the Add Media icon.
- Simply drag and drop your document files into the box that appears, or click Upload Files tab to choose a file from your computer to upload. Please note, files must be 2MB or less to successfully upload.
- Once your file has been uploaded, highlight and copy the URL under Attachment Details to the right of the Library.
- Close out of the Media Library by clicking the “X” in the top right.
- On your Page, type and highlight the name of your document. If the link is going to be attached to an image, click on the image.
- Click on the Insert/Edit Link button in the toolbar
- Paste the document URL in the Destination URL field. Click on the blue arrow button to save your link.
- If you want the link to open a new window/tab when user's click on it, click on the gear icon () for link options.
- Check the Open link in a new window/tab check box. Then click on Add Link to save.
- Update your page to save changes.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
‹ Back to Guide