UPLOADING A BANNER TO THE ADSERVER
To upload a new banner, go to Inventory > Banners.
Click on the Add new banner link. This will take you to the Add new banner screen.
In the banner type drop-down menu, the default is Upload a local banner to the webserver. This type is going to be used for most of your ad banner uploads. However, if you are uploading a banner that is html code, you’ll need to click on the drop down and select the appropriate type. The following types are supported (and possibly others, if you have installed 3rd party plugins for additional banner types):
- Upload a local banner to the webserver: The banner's creative file will be uploaded to the configured webserver directory, and delivered to websites from this location. Revive Adserver supports the delivery of image-based banners (where the creative is a JPEG, GIF or PNG file) as well as Flash-based banners (where the creative is a SWF file).
- Upload a local banner to the database: The banner's creative will be uploaded to the Revive Adserver database, and delivered to websites from this location. As above, Revive Adserver supports the delivery of image-based banners (where the creative is a JPEG, GIF or PNG file) as well as Flash-based banners (where the creative is a SWF file).
- Link to an external banner: Revive Adserver will deliver the creative from the URL supplied.
- Generic HTML Banner: The banner creative will be the specified HTML.
- Inline Video Ad (pre/mid/post-roll): The banner creative will be an inline video ad that can be shown before, during or after another video, which is loaded from the an external location via a supplied URL.
- Overlay Video Ad: The banner creative will be a video, which is loaded from an external location via a supplied URL; an additional static image creative will be shown to the user before the video plays, which will be uploaded to the configured webserver directory, and delivered to websites from this location.
- Generic Text Banner: The banner creative will be the specified generic, unformatted text.
Banner Information: Type the name of the banner in the required name field.
Upload a local banner to the webserver: Click the Browse button to select the banner from your desktop of folder.
Banner link: Enter the Destination URL to visit when a user clicks a banner, including the http:// prefix.
In the Target field, enter “new” so when a user clicks on the banner, it opens the URL in a new window or tab.
Banner display: Under the Banner Display heading, type the name of the banner in the Alt text field and the Text below image field.
Additional Data: Under the Additional Data heading you can enter keywords for a banner, using a space to separate multiple keywords or just type the name of the banner.
The value in the Weight field influences the likelihood that a banner will be displayed. This is important when you have multiple banners in rotation using the same zone. If you link multiple banners to a zone and want them to display equally, leave the weight at 1 for each banner. If you want a particular banner to have more presence on the website, give that banner a higher weight number, like 3. That will ensure the banner displays three times more than the others within that zone.
If you are only uploading one banner to a zone, the number can stay as 1.
Click Save Changes.
Setting Delivery Options
To set or update the delivery options for a banner, click on Delivery Options.
To add a new delivery limitation for the selected banner, select the desired delivery limitation type from the drop down menu, and click on the Add button. The new delivery limitation will appear. Set the required options for the delivery limitation, and click on Save Changes to apply the limitation to the banner.
For example, to set the date, select Time – Date from the drop down menu and then click the Add button.
From the Time – Date drop down, select the appropriate equation for the display. For example, if you want an ad to start displaying now and stay up for the next two weeks, select is earlier than or equal to and select the end date by clicking on the calendar icon.
Click Save Changes.
To set the start AND end time for an ad banner, from the Time – Date drop down, select is later than or equal to and select the start date by clicking the calendar icon. Then select is earlier than or equal to and select the end date.
Click Save Changes.
Linking Banners to Zones
In order to display a banner on your website, the banner needs to be associated (i.e. linked) to the relevant zone(s) for the website. This way, Revive Adserver knows which banners to display when the relevant zone invocation tag is invoked on a website.
To link a banner to an ad zone, click the Linked zones tab.
Revive Adserver will display only those zones that are the exact size as the current banner. Select (or deselect) the zone(s) you wish to link the banner to, or unlink the banner from, and click on Save Changes to save your changes.
For additional help on linking banners to zones on the ad server, please consult the Revive User’s Guide at http://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Linking+banners+and+zones
Next step...uploading the ad zone to your website!
Questions or suggestions? Contact: email@example.com
‹ Back to Guide